Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dec 11 2008 This is dedicated to a very special person.Eight years ago today my best friend, lover and husband went home to Jesus. Long story short, I met this wonderful person when I was 14. I am who I am because of him. Thank you for choosing me. I found this poem and it says it all. I often refer to it when I’m down.

I can let your body go but not the part of you that lives in my heart. My warm memories of you will be with me all the days of my life, And I will cherish every one of them, They will give me strength when I’m weak and happiness when I’m down. I‘ll only have to remember your smile and my hope will be renewed. I’ll only have to think about the way your eyes touched something deep inside of me And I’ll remember that LOVE bonds one soul to another eternally. I can let your body go, but never the LOVE for you I carry in my heart.






























2 comments:

Erick said...

I love the old pictures! This is the reason we take pictures, to capture moments in time forever. Great story, great poem, great tribute! Your best posting.

Kierra Brown said...

hey hawaii grandma! i know i never knew papa John, but he seems like a nice guy. i just wanted to tell you that i love you and u r 1 of the best photographers!